Sunday, March 18, 2007






This first shot is of the grassy area that we passed. This portion of the journey seemed to go on forever. The second picture is of the two craters that formed after the 2000 eruption. We had to walk around the edge of the upper portion. One of the students had to help me hike this portion because I was so scared! I kept slipping on the rocks so much that at one point I decided to get on my butt to make it around and down. If one were to fall down the edge of this crater, I'm not sure if there would be any means of helping you get back up. It was quite scary to look down the edge of the crater. Despite it's scariness, it was a beautiful sight.

The last two pictures is of the terrain I enjoyed the most. It looked as if we were in a black desert because the fine igneous rocks formed dunes and valleys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home