Monday, May 29, 2006

Learning to Cook


Yes, you read correctly!! This weekend I tried a hand at cooking. Those who know me, know that I dislike being in the kitchen. I much rather eat out every night than cook. One of my Cameroonian friends took me into her kitchen and showed me how. I had have a lot of fun preparing ndole, one of the traditional foods of Cameroon made from bitter leaves and peanuts. We added fried fish to the dish. In the picture you can see me trying to clean the fish. Yuck! I’ve never cleaned a fish myself. When I started the task, I just assumed that the fish came clean. Oh how wrong I was! I found myself tugging, cutting, and washing the insides of this fish. After squirming and making funny faces, the fish was finally clean and ready for frying. To accompany the dish we also fried plantains.

And, the most exciting part was that it actually tasted good!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo!

I'm looking forward to cooking together this summer. The Maggi seasoned beef we made in the winter was only the start. ;-)

Darrell

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen. Thank you so much for your photos. I feel connected to my country every time i visit this site. I really appreciate your attitude towards the country. I've been to so many sites where westerners, especially Americans, living in Cameroon trash the country every chance they get. Though the country is far from perfect, i appreciate the fact that you choose to emphasize the good. Please keep the postings coming.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen Ken!
Way to go! I am glad that it turned out so well. Have a great day - I will see you in just a few months!

:)

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JK! I can't wait to see you. When are you going to be here? I had to change my cell phone number but my house number is still the same. I can't wait to see you. Hope all is well.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ms.Kennedy I am not writing questoins now about Cameroon because you now that I live in Cameroon.So I am writing about my 4 weeks holiday in Germany.Today its 28 .June.2006 I am now in Frankwurt because Mom has a meeting .Tonight I would be by my aunt Barbara like I was yesterday realy excited to go shopping because now I have a hole on my ears. It means I can do earrings on my ears.Mom sayed that we would go shopping when we are in manheim for clothes and earings. See you after the summer vacation.Your ? sdtudent.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Jenny we had Spagetti today and as desert Balabala where were you ? say hello to your fiancee! by the 4 ladies!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lndjipa@yahoo.com hello jenn, saw your blog "GREAT". I recently visited Cameroon. My fist trip to Africa. Douala, Yaounde,Kribiand of course Mbyo. I'm married to an cameroonian so i was visiting my inlaws. idream of cameroon since i returned to the states. how do you find employment? i would love to live and work there. i really enjoyed your pics

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home