Saturday, June 09, 2007

Cameroonian Dance Performance




Last year, if you remember, I took drum lessons. This year, now that my knee feels a whole lot better, I've been taking Cameroon dance class off and on. Well, let me be honest, more off than on.

One morning I decided to wake up and do the class. Little did I know that that move would land me in a dance performance in front of an audience of people! The other ladies had been practicing for some time, but it didn't take me long to learn the two dance performances.


So, on June 1st we had our performance at the Cameroon Cultural Center. I invited a few people from the school to come out and watch me perform! Surprisingly, three of my students came to watch as well. It was definitely a great performance. Everyone loved our dancing and outfits.

In the pictures, I'm on the left side in a black and purple outfit. My position is in the second row. Hopefully you can see me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Teacha said...

AWESOME!!!!!! That must have been sooo cool. I love all of the pictures you've posted. You've had such a great journey in Cameroon. Welcome back to the states (well in a week)!

5:16 PM  
Blogger la reine said...

Jennifer-I have enjoyed your blog so much for almost 2 years! I am really sorry you are leaving Cameroun and the wonderful updates and photos will end.I have become quite attached to it and your face -I feel like I know you!! I attended your school (ISY then) for 6 years and went to La Retraite for Jr High.Thanks so much for all the work you put into this wonderful blog.
Lezlie
I will miss you!!!

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home